We thank you on behalf of the festival crew for your help and support. Click the link below to sign up to volunteer for the 32nd Annual International Festival of Raleigh.
- Festival Setup Crew (October 18 & 19, 2017)
- October 20, 2017 Friday
- October 21, 2017 Saturday
- October 22, 2017 Sunday
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- All volunteers are required to bring an ID.
- All volunteers will receive an IF shirt and a free ticket to the festival.
- Only volunteers receive a free pass to the festival - not family and friends.
- Only Wednesday/Thursday/Friday volunteers on the set up crew volunteering the full 6-hour shift will receive free pass for a family of four, or a weekend ticket to the festival.
- No walk in volunteers or group registrations.
The available volunteers positions are as follows
- COOKING LIVE!: Assist Cooking Demonstrations Coordinator as needed, set-up for performers, help keep areas clean.
- EXIT POLLS: Survey and interview attendees; hand out questionnaires; answer questions.
- GENERAL ASSIGNMENTS: Help wherever needed; volunteers will be assigned duties as needed to help festival staff.
- GREEN TEAM: Help us make this Festival the most sustainable one in Raleigh! Green Team volunteers help guide guests in sorting the waste material into three categories: Compostable, Recyclable, and Waste to Landfill. Learn and teach about sustainability. See Training Packet GreenVolunteerGuide.pdf
- KID'S CORNER: Assist in children's area by helping the kids create crafts and play games, running the Passport activity (handing out passports/explaining directions, giving out prizes), reading aloud, preparation/clean-up, and general supervision.
- MAIN STAGE: Replenish drinking water for announcers, clean stage if needed, assist Main Stage Directors / announcers / dancers as needed.
- SOUVENIR BOOTH: Sell souvenirs and items for the Festival and answer questions.
- TABLE BUSSERS: Work in conjunction with the Green Team and perform general clean-up of the dining tables and area. Assist Green Team in sorting waste as described above.
- TRAFFIC CONTROL: Greet attendees and direct them to cash or credit lines. Control the exits and make sure that Exhibit C is exit only.
- VENDOR ASSISTANCE: Assist International Focus booth with preparing treats, taking money, and answering questions during the festival.
- WELCOME CREW: Welcome guests, pass out Festival programs, give directions to exit, and answer questions using the festival program.
- WILL CALL: Looking for friendly, personable volunteers to assist with verifying tickets, distributing wrist bands, stamping hands for re-entry and answering question about the festival and entry costs.