International Exchanges/ Special Programs Intern
International Focus, Incorporated is a nonprofit, membership organization based in Raleigh, N.C. International Focus’ mission is to promote mutual understanding between the people of North Carolina’s Triangle region and the international community through education, cultural exchange, arts, and the celebration of achievements.
International Focus, Inc. provides services to international visitors sponsored by the Department of State, other federal agencies, and private organizations. Through the International Festival of Raleigh, IF aims to support multiculturalism and diversity within the research triangle area through a wide range of activities.
International Focus, Inc. unpaid internship is approximately 12- 15 hours per week.
Monday through Friday (some projects deadline may require different time). We have flexible hours and a combination of remote and hybrid work environment.
Role: (includes some or all of the following)
Assist in the successful implementation of in-person, virtual, or hybrid exchange programs.
- Research professional resources and current cultural events in Research Triangle area
- Contact local resources to arrange professional meetings for international participants
- Develop narratives and proposals for exchange programs
- Assist team with write-ups for International Focus Newsletter
- Assist team with virtual and in-person socials and community events
- Assist team with social media
- Assist team with international delegations in town
- Create succession plan for future interns
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer skills
- Proficiency in social media
- Familiarity Microsoft outlook and office, cloud-based document, and online project tools
- Outstanding diplomatic manners
- Dependable, mature, detail-oriented, and responsible
- Independent worker with a strong sense of initiative
- Able to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced setting (from basic to complex tasks)
- A good sense of humor is a plus!
- Junior, senior, or graduate student (college)
- Must be accepted/enrolled full-time in an accredited U.S. college or University
- Submission of Resume and Cover letter
- Submission of two references (name, contact and relationship to applicant)
- Passionate about our vision/mission
- A stipend ($1,000)
- Credit hours
- Hands-on work to develop professional skills
- Networking opportunities
- Provide biweekly check-ins
- Offer one-on-one mentorship
- Personalized letters of recommendation
- Free membership for a year
Please send cover letter and resume attention to Maria Adoskina
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP AT I.F.
Our interns play a critical part in helping carry out our mission. This internship allows intercultural experiences. Interns gain understanding of a non-profit environment; they learn about the abundant resources in the Research Triangle area. They network with people in the community as well as from abroad (virtually and in-person when we resume activities). Interns will also develop planning and coordinating skills and will learn important managerial and/or leadership attributes while they contribute to the organization development.
This is a great opportunity to build your resume.